top of page


Immigration law is a complicated area, involving multiple agencies and a large number of federal rules and regulations. Our experienced immigration lawyers can navigate your application for permanent residence, citizenship, or a visa through these bureaucratic waters.

If you are seeking a green card, temporary visa, or citizenship, it is important that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney early in the process. Whether you are immigrating with the help of your employer or through a family member, the process of immigrating to the U.S. can take years.

Our attorneys handle every type of immigration law matter in the United States

Green Cards. A lawful permanent resident is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “green card.” Immigration law provides a number of paths to permanent residency. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States. Others may become permanent residents through asylee or refugee status or other humanitarian programs. In some cases, you may be eligible to file for yourself. For more information, including the steps toward becoming a permanent resident for both family-based and employment-based green cards.

Citizenship. Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to immigrants who fulfill certain requirements. You may qualify for naturalization if you: (a) have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements, (b) have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen; or (c) have qualifying service in the U.S. Armed Forces and meet all other eligibility requirements. In addition, your child may qualify for naturalization if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside the U.S., the child is currently residing outside the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met. For more information, including a complete list of eligibility requirements and potential roadblocks to naturalization.

Temporary Work Visas. People who enter the U.S. on an H-1B or other nonimmigrant visa are considered to be here temporarily. The law presumes that they intend to return to their home countries at the end of their stays. Depending on the visa category, if a person is here on a temporary visa and starts the permanent residence process, the law may treat that person as having “lost” their intent to stay temporarily, because the person now wishes to immigrate (i.e., stay permanently in the U.S.). Normally, if the person remains inside the U.S. and does not need to renew their temporary visa, this change of intent is not a problem. However, if the person must travel internationally or apply for a temporary visa extension, they may encounter difficulties. For information on the requirements for the most popular nonimmigrant visas.

Deportation or Removal. If the government institutes removal proceedings against you—i.e., attempts to deport you from the country—then it is crucial that you seek legal counsel from an experienced immigration lawyer immediately. The right attorney can give you the best chance at obtaining one of the available forms of relief in order to delay or avoid removal from the United States. Our attorneys have years of experience with deportation or removal cases and all the available forms or relief. 

Click here or dial #4Law [#4529] from your cell phone or dial 877.4Law.4Law [(877) 452-9452] from any phone to automatically connect directly to find a skilled and experienced Immigration lawyer in your area.

bottom of page